In the following, we inform you about the processing of your personal data and your resulting rights in accordance with the Data Protection Basic Regulation (DS-GVO) and the new Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) in their valid versions valid since May 25, 2018.
Your contact persons for data processing
Responsible for data processing in the application process is:
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften – ISAS – e.V.
Please send your requests to our data protection officer by mail to:
We will process your personal data as required in the context of your application, for the
following purposes in particular:
To process your application, inclusive checking your qualifications and skills regarding your suitability for the job you applied for, to communicate with you, to run assessment center or other valuation instruments, for organization and reimbursement of required journeys;
• For legal documentation purposes, to ensure compliance with legal documentation and retention requirements;
• To comply with compliance and legal requirements , in particular for monitoring and verification of the compliance with our internal guidelines and standards, and to ensure our legal and official regulations and requirements are complied with;
• In the context of disputes and the assertion of claims including the support during processing and solution od disputes, to follow orders from court, authorities or other public bodies, the enforcement of our contractual agreements, and for the statement, exercise or defending of legal claims.
If you have expressly given us your consent, we will also use your personal data for the following purposes:
For inclusion in our applicant database, to inform you about interesting vacancies at Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften – ISAS – e.V. by e-mail, phone or by other communication channels and to save all personal data, which you have submitted with your applications for this purpose. We process your personal data for these purposes on the basis of the following legal bases:
• According to Art. 6 (1) b GDPR in connection with § 26 section 1 (1) of the Federal Data Protection Act for the decision on the establishment of an employment relationship;
• According to Art. 6 (1) c GDPR to the extent to which we are subject to a legal obligation
• According to Art. 6 (1) f GDPR for the protection of our legitimate interests unless the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the person concerned prevail
• According to Art. 6 (1) a GDPR provided you have given your express consent to the processing of your personal data.
We will not use your personal data to make automated decisions concerning you or to create profiles other than those described above.
Obligation to provide your personal data
It is not obligatory for you to provide all personal data in the context of our application procedure. However, we would like to point out that your application documents should have a certain expressiveness in order to be considered.
Your personal data will be processed regularly by our human resources department and the department in the context of the relevant application procedure.
Under certain circumstances, we may be entitled to forward your personal data to the following recipients:
• To service providers (so called processors) who have been commissioned by us to process personal data for the aforementioned purposes on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. In this case, we have taken appropriate security precautions to ensure that these service providers also comply with data protection regulations;
• To third parties who process your personal data in their own name, but in connection with a service that we provide or use for the aforementioned purposes (e.g. companies for personnel consulting);
• To public or government bodies such as regulatory authorities or courts where we are required by applicable laws and regulations to disclose your personal information;
• Otherwise, we will only pass on your personal data if you give us your express consent.
Transferring your personal data to a recipient in a third country (outside the European Union and the European Economic Area) is not intended.
The personal data sent to us (documents and text contents) are stored for processing in our computer centres, all of which are located in Germany.
Your personal data will be deleted if this is no longer appropriate for the permitted purposes or if you withdraw your consent (if applicable) and we are not legally obliged or otherwise entitled to further store such personal data. We store your personal data in particular if this requires the assertion or defence of legal claims until the end of the respective storage period or until the settlement of the relevant claims. After completion of the application process, your application data will be deleted regularly after six months in accordance with the statutory provisions.
If, in special cases, we wish to store your personal data beyond this period in order to be able to contact you again at a later point in time, we will obtain your consent in advance.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
• Right of access according to Art. 15 GDPR: You have the right to request confirmation as to whether your personal data will be processed.
• Right to correction according to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data.
• Right to deletion according to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to have your personal data deleted immediately, unless one of the reasons for exclusion according to Art. 17 (1) a-f GDPR applies.
• Right to limitation of processing .according to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of processing if one of the conditions set out in Art. 18 (1) a-d GDPR is met.
• Right to data transferability according to Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to have your personal data transferred to a third party if one of the reasons mentioned in Art. 20 (1) a or b GDPR applies.
• Right to object to the processing according to Art. 21 GDPR: You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, which takes place on the basis of Art. 6. (1) e or f.
• Right of withdrawal according to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, provided that the data processing is based on your declaration of consent.
• Right to complain to the supervisory authority according to Art. 77 GDPR: You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Please feel free to contact us using the contact details above or our human resources department if you wish to assert your rights or if you have questions or suggestions on the subject of "data protection”at Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften – ISAS – e.V.
This data protections notices were last updated in August 2019. We reserve the right to update and change this data protection notices from time to time to reflect the way we use your personal information or to reflect changes in the law.